Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Essay Reflection


My writing demonstrates appropriate ideas and content because it is always on topic and goes in chronological order. My ideas are all related to the topic as is the content i write. In my Julius Caesar essay i devote entire paragraphs to Cassius' traits. In those paragraphs i include only what my topic sentence says the paragraph is about. I also include appropriate content that may have gone off topic a little, but it would always be related to my topic sentence. I could include my writing by elaborating more and really explaining the details so everybody will understand what i am writing about. i could enhance content by explaining what happened that led up to what i am talking about. this would provide readers with some background so they understand what i writing. My writing demonstrates appropriate organization by presenting my ideas in the order that they happen, this does not confuse the reader and makes it easier for people who have not read the play easier to understand. i could improve my writing to demonstrate superior organization by making my paragraphs contain writing in order not just miscellaneous excerpts from the novel that support my claims. I noticed a significant amount of improvement because i got to design and plan my essay in peace, whereas during the Alchemist essay i was surrounded by my classmates all clamoring around shouting their ideas out and interrupting my ideas. i was unable to think up good supporting ideas for my paragraphs and worst of all i was unable to think of a good thesis statement. without a good thesis statement and supporting ideas my essay went downhill from there and turned out to be a conglomeration of ideas that did not make much sense and did not earn me a good grade. in my essay i used the SLR think creatively, i demonstrated this SLR by imagining creative ideas and communicating them effectively to my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment